WOMEN IN BUSINESS SCHOLARSHIP
Wells Fargo Washington Women’s Roundtable, in concert with The Seattle Foundation, is pleased to announce the Women in Business Scholarship to support the continued education of Western Washington’s women business owners. Scholarship recipients will receive between $4,000 and $6,500 to help with the cost of an approved continuing education program.
Eligible programs include Executive Development Institute, Leadership Eastside, Leadership Tomorrow, National Association of Corporate Directors, and continuing education programs at the schools of business at Seattle University and University of Washington.
- Be doing business in Western Washington
- Be a CEO of a business for at least 3 years with annual revenue of $1 million or greater OR be an owner or part owner of a business for at least 3 years with annual revenue of $500,000 or greater
- Have no complaints with the Better Business Bureau
- Demonstrate how the specific continuing education program will benefit your business
- Show a commitment to the community
Preference will be given to owners of an “up and coming” or small business in need of support.
- Complete Application
- Resume (including community and/or industry involvement, as applicable)
- Supplemental Essay (1,000 word limit)
- Explain why you selected the continuing education you did and how you think it will help you advance as a business woman.
- How will you implement what you have learned to grow your business?
- FEBRUARY 20, 2015
Email scholarshipsseattlefoundationorg (scholarshipsseattlefoundationorg) with any questions.
“I felt incredibly honored to have been chosen by Wells Fargo to receive the Women in Business Leadership Award for 2014. I didn’t anticipate a value that far exceeds a fiscal benefit. I was able to connect with women leaders in our area, particularly with Mary Knell, CEO for Wells Fargo’s Washington and Western Canada region and it was nothing short of inspirational.
It’s difficult to convey the depth of my gratitude for the opportunities Wells Fargo has provided me. For example, the scholarship has enabled me to recently provide a scholarship for a child in our pre-k program. He now has access to quality early education in preparation for kindergarten and school readiness, which wasn’t possible before.
As the recipient of the scholarship, the award has initiated a new transformation of the outlook in life, especially through my responsibilities and capabilities. I see myself as an empowered woman who is committed to being a vehicle for influence, change, and service. I look forward to what the future brings! ”
ATSUHIKO AND INA GOODWIN TATEUCHI MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
For the sixth year the Tateuchi Foundation will provide a scholarship to an emerging API leader who currently works for a nonprofit organization. The scholarship is for $3,850 which will cover the full tuition for EDI’s Discovery program. If an individual qualifies for our advanced Navigation program, the organization or individual would be responsible for the $2,300 balance. According to Dan Asher the administrator for the Tateuchi Foundation, “it’s Mrs. Tateuchi ‘s intent that we recognize local API talent and that we help that next generation develop their leadership skills to be tomorrow’s executive director or CEO”.
- Prefer API ethnic background
- Currently employed by a local nonprofit organization
- In a mid to senior level position
- Career goal is to be a CEO/Executive Director or other senior level professional of a nonprofit organization
- Organization does not have the financial resources to pay for the program
- Letter of support from the organizations CEO/Executive Director ( address financial need, potential of the applicant and commitment to allow the individual to attend the training)
- Two additional support letters
- Supplemental Essay questions (maximum one page)
- What is your career goal?
- How will this program help you achieve your goal?
- Provide additional information on your background that will help us understand your commitment to building a strong community
CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
CHECK BACK LATER FOR OPPORTUNITIES IN 2016